Search This Blog

Saturday 14 August 2010

Connect the Dots: A book in a hurry

I still recall many of the stories about the people form “Stay Hungry Stay Foolish”, the debut book by Rashmi Bansal. It was a collection of the stories of 25 People who made their life successful and provided the world a better place to be in, in their own sense. It was undoubtedly a must read for anyone who wanted to be like any one of them and make their life big and successful.
However, In her second book “Connect the Dot”, Rashmi has failed to create that kind of aura in her writing. It seemed that the success of first book has propelled Rashmi to finish the book in hurry and this has lead to a not so good book on the stands.
This is a book about the stories of 25 non-MBA people who dared to dream and made it big. It has been segmented into 3 parts- “Jugaad”, “Junoon” and “Zubaan”. The first part is more or less interesting where we have few intresting stories but as we ahead with the book, one looses its interest. It is mainly because of the fact that going forward the book has not been able to connect to the reader in some way or the other. Some of the stories are too long resulting into a boredom. I don’t remember when was the last time, I left any book unfinished (atleast almost 100 that I have read) but Sorry to Miss Bansal, I could not make myself motivated to read it all. May be after Stay hungry…… My expectation from this one was too high or something else….
At the end, I would say, It was a nice read but just few stories that inspired me and motivated me. I hope next time You will have a better offer for your readers like me who has so big expectation after Saty Hungry…… All the very best.
Regards-
Nandy

No comments: