Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Thanks a lot for your contribution


On this republic day, on a different note, I tried to recall people who has made me able to reach me wherever I am today. It’s a small token of love from my side for all the blessings and love they have shown for me.
1.        Raghuwansh Pd. Singh & Uma Shankar Singh, ABVM School, Bidupur
This was the time when I was just 7 and was put into hostel. These two people made me realize that there is place called Boarding school as good as home and for the betterment of my life my dad has put me there. I still recall the period when I grew up with love and affection of these two people during my boarding days.
2.        Pramod Ranjan & Mrs. Kumkum Rani, DAV High School, Hajipur
I shifted to DAV High school in 1996 for my further schooling. I completed my 10th (called matriculation) in year 1999. The contribution of these two people has been immense. Even today, I go to them take their blessings whenever I get a chance. It was not their teaching that helped me but moreover the kind of inputs these people inculcated in me that has shaped my character for my entire life. All credit goes to these two for all the good things I have since long.
3.        Kameshwar Singh
Although I completed my 1oth from a private boarding school but the syllabus was based on the Bihar Education Board, that has English as one of the subject, rest of the subjects were in Hindi medium. Here is man, a 24 year old person who impressed me like anything. I went to him and devoted my next 3 months for English. I was upgraded to his 3rd batch on the basis of my learning and hard work. And that day I realized that If I have to go ahead in life, this is the language that will help me reach there. Just to mention, If this was the beginning, during my stay at Patna, Dr. Asif Anwer was the person who helped me to polish my English. I was awarded the best speaker of the batch and headed towards Delhi with lots of hope and aspirations in life.
4.        Vimal Bansal & Neeraj Nagpal, During my graduation
There are few people in life who comes like a little surprise and gives you so much that you cherish it for a long long time. These two people fall in that category. The contribution has been so immense that I am not able to put it down BUT I am pretty happy that the blessing of these two is still with me like always.
5.        Sugandha Tuli
Well, If I could get an idea of doing MBA, it was this lady who shown me the door. Believe me  before meeting her in May 2005, I did not know even what is CAT is all about?? She was the one who guided me and today I am here crossing all the hurdles and working with one of the best companies in India to work with.
6.        Ankur Jain & DhruvaJyoti Banik, TIME New Delhi
Once decided that I will be preparing for MBA entrance Exams, These were two people who shaped my preparation in their own way. Dhruva is the one person who polished me for DI and also GD/PI. My score of 92+ percentile at both of my CAT attempts is dedicated to him only. Ankur sir has his own “pedagogy” that he had used for himself and almost everyone had written off his this idea. I took it as a chalange and believe me it was a real task to come to his expectations. Today No one can even say that I have done all my schooling in Hindi medium and I can say after looking at the sentence whether this is sounding correct or incorrect. This is something that He has given me.
7.        V Shekhar, Vivek Bhatia, A. Gopalakrishnan, Dr. K P Chinda- ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL
The 2 years of MBA was something that I will cherish for my entire lifetime. There were many people with whom I interacted and there were so much to imbibe from each of them. Still there were few with whom I shared a special bonding and this is still today. These three people went out of their way and guided and helped me to make me a better individual and better professional.
Apart from there have been many people whom names I would not have been able to include here but their contribution is equally important towards the goal that I achieved so far.  I am humbled and my gratitude is towards everyone who has been a part of my life throughout. A special thanks to my school/college mates Aditya, Abhishek, Rajeev (Dadhi), Bhupesh, Chotu, Chandan, Prabhash, Mamta, Deepu, Suman, Mayank, Kanika, Fida…… and the list goes on for being there whenever I need them.
Regards-
Nandlal

No comments: